Everytown Research & Policy conducts independent, methodologically rigorous research, supports evidence-based policies, and communicates this knowledge to the public.See the Research
Featured Research See All
2023 Gun Law Rankings
Our annual Gun Law Rankings measure states based on 50 key gun safety policies. See where your state stands and what it needs to do to reduce gun violence.
Promising Approaches for Implementing Extreme Risk Laws: A Guide for Practitioners and Policymakers
This guide details the best available practices and promising approaches to effective implementation of extreme risk laws.
Beyond Measure: Gun Violence Trauma
This study focuses on trauma from gun violence by listening to the voices and experiences of those directly impacted.
Preventable Tragedies: Unintentional Shootings by Children
Unintentional shootings by children are a persistent, yet preventable, tragedy that disproportionately involves preschool and teenage boys.
The Economic Cost of Gun Violence
In an average year, gun violence in America kills 40,000 people, wounds nearly twice as many, and costs our nation $557 billion.
Gunfire on School Grounds
Since 2013, Everytown has tracked incidents of gunfire on school grounds to learn how often youth are affected by gun violence.
Our groundbreaking original research seeks to understand the causes of gun violence in order to develop evidence-based solutions to America's gun violence crisis.
Every day, 120 people in the United States are killed with guns and more than 200 are shot and wounded. The gun homicide rate in the U.S. is 26 times higher than that of other developed countries. Data and research shows that common-sense public safety laws can reduce gun violence and save lives.
- Who is Manufacturing Crime Guns? City-Level Data on Crime Gun Recoveries by Manufacturer
- Gun Thefts from Cars: The Largest Source of Stolen Guns
- Five Things to Know About Crime Guns, Gun Trafficking, and Background Checks
- Undeniable: How Long-Standing Loopholes in the Background Check System Have Been Exacerbated by COVID-19
- Armed Extremism in Buffalo: Online Gun Communities Provide a Path of Radicalization and Training to a Racist Shooter
- More Than Brawlers: The Proud Boys and Armed Extremism
- The Role of Guns & Armed Extremism in the Attack on the U.S. Capitol
- Armed and Dangerous: How the Gun Lobby Enshrines Guns as Tools of the Extreme Right
Gun Violence in America
We have gathered the most comprehensive, publicly available data to illustrate the magnitude of everyday gun violence.Learn more
Mass Shootings in the United States
Mass shootings haunt our nation’s collective conscience. Each breaking-news alert floods the nation with grief, fear, and anger at the countless acts of preventable violence.Learn more
Although the impact of gun violence is felt throughout the United States, its contours vary widely by state, county, race and ethnicity, gender, and intent. EveryStat helps users understand how gun violence impacts the communities they care about.Learn more